Batroûn is a cozy, idyllic, hippie beach town in north Lebanon, about an hour drive from Beirut without traffic. This is where I’m based when in Lebanon: beach bumming in my bikini, doing Yoga, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, biking, getting lost through cobble-stone streets, drinking lemonade, boating and sipping local micro-beer. If you’re thinking of a relaxing Yoga & Wellness getaway, look no further than Darma Ji Yoga in Batroun!
Centrally located, Darma Ji is literally 5 steps away from Bahsa Beach and Ray’s Restaurant along the Batrouni shores (Mediterranean Sea). It is a beautiful free standing Yoga studio, painted in white with colorful Boho designs, so easy on the eyes and the perfect place to relax. Yoga classes are held daily. Several rooms are for rent with a Wellness Health Bar open to the public, which you can read more about below. If you’re catching my drift, you literally don’t need to move very far for weeks when staying here.
Yoga Offered Daily in Batroun
Darma Ji Yoga Studio offers Yoga Classes in Batroun throughout the Day:
- Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga Yoga
- Kids Yoga
- Private Classes
- Dancing Meditation
- Surfer Yoga
- Meditation, Stress management
- Yoga by the Sea & Sunset Boat rides
- Life Coaching
- Dance Classes
All inclusive Yoga + Guesthouse Vacation packages can be tailored to exactly what you desire. Here is a sample package:
A room + 2 to 3 yoga classes and activities such as:
- Sunset meditation boat trip
- Wellness brunch
- Batroûn walking tour and amazing stories related to its ancient history
Batroun’s Wellness & Health Bar
Darma Ji is not simply a Yoga studio in Batroun, her brand embodies a whole health and wellness lifestyle. In 2019, came the launch of a full wellness bar and café that is mainly vegetarian. Serving a diverse range of tea, coffee, fruits, energy bars, vegetable shakes and more. You can also shop for some beautiful Yoga, Jewelry, Books and Bohemian style clothing here from India and Indonesia.
Where to Stay in Batroun
Upon browsing through Airbnb listings/photos, I fell in love with Darma Ji Guesthouse. It is one of the best choices to stay in Batroûn and exactly what I needed for a relaxing Yoga Vacation by the Sea.
In late 2019, DarmaJi expanded to include several rooms to rent (with options for private and shared). Decorated beautifully, colorfully and a comforting design to wake up to each morning. Bedrooms available for rent have access to a kitchen, fridge, clean bathroom, air conditioning, fresh breakfast, wifi, daily cleaning and closet space.
Activities: Yoga by the Sea + Sunset Meditation Boat Ride
Besides Yoga, Darma Ji can help arrange any local activities during your stay in Batroûn:
- Walking & Biking tours (through Routes)
- Mountain Trips
- Local Wineries (Aurora Winery) & Micro-Brewery (Colonel Beer)
- Skiing during Winter Time
- Stand Up Paddle-boarding (SUP), Kayaking, Jetskiing
- Restaurants to eat at: Chez Maguy & Georges Maalouf for Fish Sandwiches
- Best Local Beaches (Joining Beach, White Beach)
- Beach Bars/Parties (Boho Bar, O’Glacée, Pierre & Friends, Colonel Reef)
- Bars/Nightlife (Pierre & Friends, Skippers Pub, Villa Paradiso)
- Dance Classes (Salsa, Bachata)
- Cultural Activities (Batroûn International Film Festival, Art & Wine night)
For more: 22 Things to do in Batroun
Contact Jihane to book your stay:
- WhatsApp: (+961) 03 632 900
- Email: Jihane@darmaji.com
- Facebook Instagram
- Address: Bahsa Beach, Batroun
Read more on Traveling in Lebanon: "Beautiful Mix of the West & Middle-East"