Batroûn is a cozy, idyllic, hippie beach town in north Lebanon, about an hour drive from Beirut without traffic. It ended up being my favorite area in Lebanon where I spent 6 of my 10 days. Beach bumming in my bikini, doing Yoga, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, biking, walking/getting lost on cobble-stone streets, drinking lemonade, boating and sipping local micro-beer. Thinking of where to stay in Batroun? Look no further than Darma Ji Yoga Guesthouse.
Where to Stay in Batroun
Upon browsing through the photos of the apartments, I fell in love with Darma Ji Guesthouse. It is the best choice for stay in Batroûn and exactly what I needed for a relaxing Yoga Vacation by the Sea. Even if you are not into Yoga, it’s the most affordable and cleanest accommodation you could find in the area.
Centrally located in the Old Souk, Darma Ji Yoga Guesthouse is just steps away from the St. Estephan Church along the Mediterranean Sea. It is upstairs from the famous Lemonade shop which made Guinness Book of World Records for the largest Lemonade Cup in 2012. The apartment is brand new with new furniture. Decorated beautifully, colorfully and a comforting design to wake up to each morning. There are currently 2 bedrooms available for rent that has access to a kitchen, fridge, clean bathroom, air conditioning, fresh breakfast, wifi, daily cleaning and closet space.
My Lovely Stay in Batroûn
Current Deals at Darma Ji Yoga Guesthouse:
- One week for $200 including all classes and activities
- One month for $500 including all classes & activities
Yoga Vacation Packages
Darma Ji also offers Yoga + Guesthouse Vacation packages that can be tailored to exactly what you desire. Here is a sample package:
A room + 2 to 3 yoga classes and activities such as:
- Sunset meditation boat trip
- Wellness brunch
- Batroûn walking tour and amazing stories related to its ancient history
** Prices are seasonal and subject to change.
Daily Yoga Classes at Darma Ji Guesthouse
Darma Ji Yoga Studio offers Yoga Classes daily (morning and evening):
- Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga Yoga
- Kids Yoga
- Private Classes
- Dancing Meditation
- Surfer Yoga
- Saturday: Talks on Meditation, Stress, Relaxation by a Master from India, SreeKumar
- Sunday: Yoga by the Sea & Sunset Boat rides for $35 USD
Activities: Yoga by the Sea + Sunset Meditation Boat Ride
Besides Yoga, Jihane can help arrange any local activities during your stay in Batroûn:
- Walking & Biking tours (through Routes)
- Mountain Trips
- Local Wineries (Aurora Winery) & Micro-Brewery (Colonel Beer)
- Skiing during Winter Time
- Stand Up Paddle-boarding (SUP), Kayaking, Jetskiing
- Restaurants to eat at (Chez Maguy)
- Best Local Beaches (Joining Beach, White Beach)
- Beach Bars/Parties (O’Glacée, Pierre & Friends, Colonel Reef)
- Bars/Nightlife (Pierre & Friends, Skippers Pub, Villa Paradiso)
- Dance Classes (Salsa, Bachata)
- Cultural Activities (Batroûn International Film Festival, Art & Wine night)
Contact Jihane to book your stay:
Batroûn old Souk, North Lebanon facing St. Estephan Church old port https://goo.gl/scagXs
Read more on Traveling in Lebanon on my published article “Beautiful Mix of the West & Middle-East“.